Companies We Finance
BizCapital invests across many types of businesses. Preferred industries include those with a focus on quality job creation and retention. Some of the types of companies in which we have invested include manufacturing, distribution, startup businesses, hotels and restaurants, among others. A list of ineligible businesses may be found here.
To qualify for a loan from BizCapital, a company must meet the following conditions:
- Company must satisfy the Small Business Administration (SBA) definition of a small business or qualify as a rural business under the USDA’s B&I program;
- Company must be located within a qualified low-income census tract;
- At least 50 percent of the services performed by the company’s employees must be in low-income census tracts;
- At least 50 percent of the company’s tangible property must be utilized in low-income census tracts.
In addition, the company must have no plans to change the operations or characteristics of the business such that it would fail to meet any of the qualifying criteria. Other programmatic requirements apply depending on various factors.
- Operating business
- Unable to find conventional financing to meets its needs
- Located in a qualified low-income census tract
- Loan request between $750,000 and $5,000,000
- Satisfies SBA eligibility requirements (click here for SBA ineligible businesses) or USDA eligibility requirements
- Aligned with trusted advisors (can offer assistance in the preparation/delivery of supporting documentation)
- Time-sensitive borrowing need
- A compelling community/economic development story, including one or more of the following:
- Quality job creation
- Provides goods and/or services to low-income communities/persons
- Environmentally sustainable
- Overall success story